Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Things don't always go as planned.

Image result for mgm resorts logo


From: Sam P. [mailto:omitted]
Sent: Sunday, August 12, 2018 3:22 PM
To: 'Perfect Switch'
Subject: RE: excitation source

Hi Scott,

I thought I'd drop you a note and let you know of our experience with this setup.  1.8 miles into the beginning of the Rubicon trail last week, our 89 [JEEP] YJ started its little habit of overheating.  I thought I could cope with it intermittently during the trip but it opened up a myriad of other problems causing us to turn around.  The primary issue that screwed us out of the Rubicon was a very expensive alternator I installed about 18 months ago.  It didn't like all the heat and began to fail.  The result was a total loss of power as it shut down.  The net result was the primary battery was depleted and the engine eventually gave out too.  After letting it all cool for a bit, the only way to start the Jeep was through the system you helped me build with the dual battery and your Perfect Switch isolator.  Initially, it didn't work until I learned that activating the "jumper switch" required a second or two to do its job.  Once I figured that out, the truck started up every time.  We had to limp the Jeep back to the car trailer, stopping and starting some 20-30 times.  It took 3 hours of this to complete our self-rescue.  The point being is, this system worked.  If I had not set my dual battery setup with your product, it potentially could have been a long and expensive tow.  Now that I think about it, you probably saved me around $1500 bucks.
Thank you for your personal attention to my little project and building a successful system.  I guess I'm left with one question;  Temperatures of up to 270 F, should I be worried of damage to the isolator?
Thanks

Sam P.

No comments: